- 1 Share Your Grab and Go Self Directed and Hybrid Library Programming Ideas | Children & Families, Teens and Adults
- 2 California State Library Online Programming Ideas Database
- 3 USDA Meals for Kids Site Finder Mapping Tool:
- 4 “CA Meals for Kids” App
- 5 USDA Programming Resources
- 6 USDA COVID-19 Waivers & Flexibilites
- 7 COVID-19 Lunch at the Library Networking Conversations
We’ve created a Google spreadsheet and ask you to share your best grab and go programming ideas: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/15rVenLe2luvOU6AuQm0iNQnjgwnYGJhY7SiwOnufDOg/edit#gid=0
California State Library Online Programming Ideas Database
The State Library is collecting and making available programming ideas for public library staff to use while library buildings are closed and programming must be virtual and/or distance-friendly.
We encourage you to:
- submit your grab-and-go/take-away programming ideas to share with your colleagues. Tag all those great grab-and-go ideas with “Non-digital, take-away activities”
- use this new database to find new ideas and support your programming
To submit ideas, please use this form:
(Please check back for information on accessing the database.)
USDA Meals for Kids Site Finder Mapping Tool:
A resource developed by USDA Food and Nutrition Services (FNS) to help children, parents, and others quickly and easily find summer meal sites near them. The site finder, available for use at no charge, is a web-based application that also works on tablets, smartphones and other mobile devices without the need to download. The mapping tool allows users to enter an address, city, state or zip code to find up to 50 nearby locations, along with their addresses, hours of operation, contact information, and directions:
“CA Meals for Kids” App
State Superintendent Tony Thurmond Announces “CA Meals for Kids” App Update to find Meals for COVID-19 School Closures. Find information here.
USDA Programming Resources
Summer Food, Summer Resource Kit and Operator Activity Guide
Hands-on resource kit including activity guide, posters, flyers, placemat recipes, and additional resources
USDA COVID-19 Waivers & Flexibilites
There are several waivers that have been approved by the State of California to make it easier to serve and receive meals for children and teens in need. Find information here:
COVID-19 Lunch at the Library Networking Conversations
Lunch at the Library project staff and California State Library have been hosting COVID-19 Lunch at the Library Networking Conversation since April. Notes from these sessions can be found here:
- April 10, 2020: Lunch at the Library Networking Conversation 4-10-2020.
- May 15, 2020: Lunch at the Library Networking Conversation 5-15-2020
- June 11, 2020: Lunch at the Library Networking Conversation 6-11-2020
- July 2, 2020: Lunch at the Library Networking Conversation 7-02-2020
- July 23, 2020: Lunch at the Library Networking Conversation 7-23-2020
To register for upcoming COVID-19 Lunch at the Library Networking Conversation, please visit the California Library Association events page.