Lunch at the Library grant funds for Summer 2020!
The application period for Lunch at the Library grant funds for Summer 2020 closed Friday, January 31st, 2020. Award notifications took place by March 1st, 2020.
The deadline for submitting award funding claim forms has been extended to Monday, June 1, 2020.
Lunch at the Library funds are intended to support the enhancement and expansion of California’s 2020 library-based summer meal partnerships and programs.
Summer 2020 funding opportunities include:
- Seed funds for library jurisdictions starting a summer meal program for the first time in 2020
- Expansion funds for library jurisdictions already serving summer meals seeking to open new summer meal sites in order to expand the number of branches serving summer meals.
- Pop-up library programming funds to support library jurisdictions enhancing local non-library community meal sites with pop-up library programming. A library does not need to be serving summer meals to apply for pop-up library funding.
- Enhancement/programming funds for existing summer meal sites seeking to enhance their summer meal program(s). Programming funds may be used for program facilitation and staffing, program supplies to support self-directed and/or facilitated programming, for operational and other high-priority summer meal needs. Examples of self-directed or facilitated programming are: S.T.E.A.M. activities; nutrition, fitness & wellness activities; early childhood & family literacy; music & theater; summer reading; youth development activities.)
- Youth development funds to support a teen volunteer/internship program.*
- Funds for establishing and enhancing summer meal sites are available for California public libraries serving summer meals in 2020.
- Pop-up library funds are available to all California public libraries interested in extending their outreach efforts by taking library programming to a community meal site (school meal sites, parks & recreation meal sites, etc.). A library does not need to be serving summer meals to apply for pop-up library funding.
The Lunch at the Library grant funds are distributed among participating libraries to maximize the benefit to as many library communities as possible, statewide.