Apply for Lunch at the Library grant funds! These funds are intended to support the enhancement and expansion of California’s 2020 library-based summer meal partnerships and programs.
Funding opportunities include:
- Seed funds to support libraries serving summer meals for the first time
- Expansion funds to increase the number of summer meal sites in your library jurisdiction
- Pop-up library programming funds to help you take library programming to nearby community meal sites (a great opportunity for libraries that want to support summer meal programs but cannot, or prefer not to, serve meals at a library location)
- Programming funds to enhance existing summer meal site(s) with self-directed and facilitated programming
- Youth development funds to help libraries help teens to develop social-emotional and workforce readiness skills by volunteering at a Lunch at the Library program
The application period for these grant funds will open Wednesday, January 8th, and will close Friday, January 24th. A link to the funding application will be emailed to the California library community and posted on this page on January 7th, 2020. Pacific Library Partnership will award grant funds soon after the application period closes.
In your application you will be asked to indicate which types of funds you would like to receive:
- Seed funds for a library jurisdiction starting a summer meal program for the first time in 2020 ($5000)
- Expansion funds for library jurisdictions already serving summer meals seeking to open new summer meal sites in order to expand the number of branches serving summer meals. ($3000 per new site)
- Pop-up library programming funds to support library jurisdictions enhancing local non-library community meal sites with pop-up library programming. ($1500-$2000* per site)
- Programming funds for existing summer meal sites seeking to enhance their program(s). Programming funds may be used for program facilitation, program supplies to support self-directed and/or facilitated programming, and for additional high-priority summer meal needs ($1500-$2000* per site). Self-directed or facilitated programming are activities such as: art-making & building; cooking & nutrition education; early childhood & family literacy; music & theater; science, technology, engineering & math; sports, physical activities & games; summer reading activities; youth development activities.
- Youth development funds to support a teen volunteer/internship program.*
*Funding amounts for pop-up library programming, program enhancement, and youth development will be confirmed once all requests for funds have been received.
Along with these funds we will provide you evaluation tools so that you can show the impact of your summer programming.
Please don’t hesitate to contact us with any questions.