- 1 Workshops and Conversations
- 2 2021
- 2.1 Upcoming
- 2.2 Previous
- 2.3 Past L@TL Webinar’s, Training’s and Conversations
Workshops and Conversations
Thursday, April 15th, from 10 a.m. – 11:30 a.m
Building Equity Based Summers Through CA Libraries and Communities
Equity based summers require equity based decision making. What does it really take to bring equity to the summer library services? In this session, LaKesha Kimbrough, consultant, coach and Middle School Success Coordinator at the Washington Middle School in Seattle, will facilitate conversation on how to build equity into the decisions your library makes about summer services. You’ll also learn how libraries from across the state are working with the California State Library and California Library Association to determine what mindsets, skills, and resources are required to provide equity-based summer services.
- LaKesha Kimbrough, LK Consulting & Coaching, heal – renew – transform
- Linda W. Braun, LEO Project Management and Consulting
- Members of CLA’s 2020-2021 Building Equity Based Summers Co-Design Team
Register for this session here: https://zoom.us/meeting/register/tJYtcu-tpjIqG9f6d4Mqx-Si3Q-NfsgBA84Y
Thursday, April 29th, from 10 a.m. – 11:30 a.m
Lunch at The Library/Summer at Your Library Networking Conversation
This is a chance to take time to connect and share with your summer library programs colleagues. You’ll have an opportunity to:
- Share what your library is planning and implementing for summer programming 2021, including summer meal programming, and hear what your colleagues are planning for their libraries.
- Receive updates from Summer @ Your Library/Lunch at the Library project staff and let us know what assistance you need, and what questions you have.
- The State Library will join us to share statewide project updates including how to use LearnNow, WorkNow, and VetNow flyer templates especially tailored for distribution as a part of your summer library programs.
Register for the next L@TL/S@YL Networking Conversation here: https://zoom.us/meeting/register/tJMpfuGspz8vE9zqKazRwAXFwu_3w02Hov7c
March 25th, 2021 | 10:00am-11:30am
Summer at Your Library/Lunch at The Library Networking Conversation
Notes from this conversation will be available soon
March 4th, 2021 | 10:30am-12:00pm
Workshop 1 | 2021 Lunch at the Library Summer Meal Program Informational Webinar
Click here to view webinar and other materials provided
This Lunch at the Library webinar is designed to give California library staff the information they need to help launch a successful summer meal program in 2021. It is designed for libraries interested in starting a summer meal program for the first time, or for libraries with an already established summer meal program. It is relevant for libraries interested in taking pop-up library programming out to a community meal site and/or for libraries wanting to distribute meals at the library. Topics included:
- California’s Summer 2020 library summer meal program recap and highlights
- Presentations from libraries that presented successful library-based and pop-up library programming at community summer meal distribution locations during Summer 2020, when COVID restrictions were in place; a presentation on how to support nutrition education, physical activity and learning with your summer meal programming
- The logistics of getting started, finding and working with meal sponsors, and engaging community partners
- Programming ideas to complement the meal service at library-based meal sites and at pop-up library programs at non-library community meal sites
- Information on Lunch at the Library funding opportunities available to California libraries in Summer 2021
Past L@TL Webinar’s, Training’s and Conversations